The Landscape Cup is open to all club members (with no sections) who may submit up to two images which have not previously been entered in any club “league” competition. The subject matter is of course “landscape”. To this the club programme this time added “No seascapes or cityscapes although landscapes containing a body of water, for example, lakes, reservoirs, waterfalls are within the brief. Colour or monochrome”.
This year our independent judge for the competition was Jonathan Vaines AFIAP CPAGB LRPS, a very experienced photographer and judge and President of Cambridge Camera Club.
There were 33 entries for this competition. And images demonstrated the variety of subject matter, location and style to be found in the landscape genre.
Jonathan provided an incisive detailed critique of each of the images before making his judgements. Ultimately, the results were:
- 1st place – “Fun on the Green” by Pam Cruise;
- 2nd place – “Seljalandsfoss, Iceland” by Tim Gould;
- 3rd place – “Blaven Birches Under Gloomy Skies” by David Manning;
- Highly Commended – “Winskill Stones Yorkshire” by Mike Kitchingman;
- Highly Commended – “Above the Falls” by Paul Needham;
- Commended – “The Old Man of Storr” by David Manning;
- Commended – “Skelwith Bridge” by Wendy Taylor.
Congratulations to Pam for winning the Landscape Cup!
For details of the competition rules CLICK HERE.
If you didn’t know, you can also post your comments at the bottom of the page. Engage with other Members and share your thoughts on the entries and judging.